3SatImaging uses 90 3U-CubeSats in the same sun-synchronous plane to image the entire earth once a day in optimal noon-time lighting.
- Launch and Orbit Systems: Unlike other CubeSats which must wait to be launched in small batches, our constellation is designed to be all launched on a single Soyuz-2 rocket, offering a quicker time until operation and therefore quicker return on investment.
- Control Systems: Full attitude control systems ensures accurate camera and solar-panel pointing at all times.
- Imaging Systems: Up to 5.62 meters/pixel, with customer-focused compression tiers to dynamically provide quality where it counts most.
- Communication Systems: Base stations in the Arctic Circle and Antarctica provide downlink access during nearly 25% of each CubeSat's 93 minute period.
- Power Systems: 3 sun-pointed deployable solar panels and a 10Whr battery provide an uninterrupted supply of power to cover the average load of 11.91 Watts, and peak load of 24.47 Watts.
- Project Logistics: Our CubeSats use a variety of off-the-shelf and simple custom parts to balance cost and lead-time, aiming to begin full constellation operation as early as January 2017.